Tuesday, November 2, 2010

BenQ 5000 Mirascan 6.x

the drivers on my computer are not working?
Today for some weird reason the drivers on my computer are not working. I tried to use my scanner it says I don't have some driver installed. Then I tried to open msn messenger and it said the same thing. Then I tried to play chess and the same the thing happened!! Also, when I turned on my computer a lil box came up saying "Run DLL, Error loading C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll the specific module could not be found" The only thing I changed was that yesterday I installed the scanner, it's a BenQ 5000 Mirascan 6.x Can you help me asap please?? Thank you! btw it's a laptop. This keep coming up ALL the time " Warning: Symantec Endpoint Protection has determined that the virus definitions are missing on this computer. This computer will remain unprotected from viruses until virus definitions are downloaded to this computer." I'm not sure I know what that means. Also I turned on my computer this morning and this message came up "Microsoft Windows: .NET Runtime Optimization Service stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available." I did what IBMGuy said yesterday. It didn't work. Did a system restore and nothing happened/changed. Then I found out the type of NVIDIA video chipset I have and such and went to the site and downloaded it. When I tried to install it 4 things were happening upon installation including the installation itself. At the end of it, everything else happened but the installation failed and it didn't say why. I tried reinstalling it three times But it failed, so I shut down the computer, rebooted and tried again but it still didn't work. Also another thing just popped up saying "Microsoft Windows: Sysmantec CMC SmcGui has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." What the hell is going on!!? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
Add-ons - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You need to re-load your Nvidia drivers for the display. Check your user manual or laptop spec to see which one you need. Or try typing dxdiag in the windows start/search box then click display, this should tell you which video chipset the laptop is using, then go to Nvidia downloads to get it and install. Please try a windows system restore first to see if this corrects the problem, it's quicker and less hassle. If you have windows 7, Type "system restore" in the start box then restore it from a week ago.

Read more discussions: