Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Is there a way to connect a monitor wirelessly?

Is there a way to connect a monitor wirelessly? (Via bluetooth or wifi?)?
You see I've got a Benq projector which is connect to the laptop usinga serial port (I don't know if that's what it's called, I connect it via a blue cable that's pretty much standard for every monitor I've seen. Well live live in a big house and my laptop is pretty weak and I wanted to show HD ready (not full hd) movies using my desktop computer but to do that I would have to to connect the projector wirelessly. Is there a method to do that?
Monitors - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That blue cable is not a serial cable. A serial cable is for old RS232 telephone modems and very old serial mice. That blue cable is a standard VGA monitor cable. And NO, there is NO way to transmit HD video over bluetooth or one of those external USB video cards with a wifi signal sender. Those USB external video cards are EXTREMELY limited in resolution (they won't do any HD resolution), very poor in performance, are unstable, and costs more than $100. The only way to transmit HD-quality video (720p HD or 1080p full HD) is with a set of wireless WHDMI extenders, and those things cost like $800 a set. Frankly, the standard VGA monitor cable you are already using is far more cost-effective. (Free, and it works well.)

Read more discussions: